7.25.2011

A day late :) oops! but an AWESOME mission conference is my excuse (6/21/11)

Well family, I just barely typed this whole letter – and then it got erased. So I now got really smart and I am typing in word and sending it…. But it’s probably going to be a little bit shorter because I already spent half of my computer time. Oops. Sorry!



BUT this week was really really good. I’m going to go fast because I also want to send some pics –



The reason that I’m late sending this is because we had a mission conference yesterday and our pday was switched to today. Mission conference was amazing. Elder Gong and Elder Christensen came and spoke to us and it felt so good. We had a fireside with them too and they kept saying how excited they were to be with us and how much they appreciated us and loved the work we are all doing. They didn’t mention at all that Elder Gong’s flight took 8 ½ hours instead of four because of a storm. Or the fact that it was father’s day and they were spending the entire weekend with us. They were so sweet and they met us all individually and sister Christensen singled sister winterton and I out and was SO cute to us. She is super positive and thanked us and told us that we were doing a wonderful job and she totally made my day J the conference was about sacrament meeting and getting our investigators there and the real importance of the sacrament. It was REALLY REALLY COOL. We talked about the sacrament prayers and how much of the doctrine is taught in them and what the REAL importance is and how critical it is. So many times we just feel like we are pulling teeth to get people to church and sometimes we forget the real reason that they need to be there – so it was so good.



Other things that happened this week: we found a part-member family to work with because the mom had a talk to give and was scared so she called us to help. In the process we met her husband and daughter who aren’t members of the church. We are so excited to work with them – we



OH MY WORD there is a mouse in the library. Here I am trying to be all spiritual and sister winterton and I are freaking out. We are quite the sight right now. Haha. Some library man is trying to kill it and women all over the place are freaking out. Sister winterton was the one who found it when it ran under our computers. Haha.



Well, back to the part-member family. We are really excited because we really felt like we could complete a family this transfer. I am so blessed to have my family. You are the biggest support to me and I couldn’t imagine not having the support I have. And we REALLY want another family to have that too. Not to mention THE BLESSING OF THE TEMPLE!!!!!!! So yeah. We got to teach the daughter during youth Sunday school and she is going to be reading the book of mormon! J happy



Another happy thing. We celebrated my mission birthday this week! Sister winterton is adorable and she woke up early to make me crepes (with NUTELLA which made it a lot more happy) and she was so cute to me – she made me a card and everything too. It’s really weird to think that I have been here for a year. The miracles that I have seen and the experiences I have had are more than anything I could ever imagine a mission being. Now I know why so many people tell mission stories all the time! It’s been a REALLY good year J



Okay I love you family. I am going to send pictures!!!!!!! Happy. I love you so much and I cannot even tell you how much your support means. Miss you!



Sister M. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment